Are you a proactive self-starter who thrives in a competitive and fast-paced environment? Does it frustrate you when others take too much time working on a single task? Do you find yourself juggling multiple tasks to stay focused? Do you love the feeling of closing a big commercial real estate deal?
We are looking for an Acquisitions Manager to join our growing team and share their passion for the deal process. This person needs to be self-motivated, enthusiastic about growing our portfolio, and possess a winning attitude.
Will you take on the challenge of finding the best possible real estate investments for Fort Capital? Will you set aggressive goals, create strong relationships, and identify new investment opportunities?
If you are ready to expand your track record of completed acquisitions, if you are determined to find the next opportunity, and if you are ready to master our deal process and be the expert on all of our target markets—let’s talk.
- Sourcing new Class B Industrial acquisition opportunities aligned with Fort Capital’s investment strategies through networking with brokers and owners, cold calling/emailing, and other prospecting methods.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with real estate brokers, property managers, and property owners across all of Fort Capital’s target markets. The ideal applicant will bring pre-existing relationships.
- Working with analysts to complete pro-forma analyses of potential acquisitions.
- Evaluating potential investment opportunities through modeling cash flows, assessing the market and competitive landscape, and analyzing investment returns.
- Continually searching for current and future investment strategies and opportunities using a variety of methods, including our software tools.
- Researching relevant markets to develop acquisition opportunities.
- Preparing Investment Committee packages and presenting to the Investment Committee Team.
- Negotiating Letters of Intent and Purchase Agreements.
- 3+ years of Commercial Real Estate experience, preferably emphasized in Industrial underwriting.
- Knowledge of the acquisition deal process.
- Experience with development of cash flow forecasts and pricing metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies, inclusive of proficiency in Argus, Costar, and Excel.