Are you an independent self-starter who can also thrive when working in a team environment? Are you someone who excels at juggling multiple tasks simultaneously? Are you someone who is able to make quick and fact-based decisions? Does your drive for detail and precision push you to analyze information?
We are looking for an Asset Manager to bring order to unpredictable situations. The ideal candidate needs to be self-confident with a clear vision for asset management goals and direction. This person should have the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and exhibit excellent attention to detail.
If you take pride in being the expert on all-things related to your assets, if you have a habit of becoming impatient when things are not done correctly, and if you will work tirelessly to ensure the orderly and streamlined management of our portfolio—let’s talk.
- Managing Fort Capital’s ~2 million SF portfolio of commercial assets, including single and multi-tenant Class B Industrial, Urban-Core Office and Retail, and other Class B Office and Flex assets (current portfolio consists of ~200 tenants ranging from 1,000 to 75,000 SF in size with a goal to acquire $150M in new assets in 2021):
- Developing and implementing short and long-term goals / strategies inclusive of operations, capital expenditures, leasing, property management, refinancing, and dispositions of each asset.
- Developing, presenting, and executing comprehensive annual business plans and budgets for each asset.
- Monitoring asset-level cash flow statements and forecasts, including formulating long-term analyses using Argus to project future cash flows and the development and communication of optimal cash distribution strategies.
- Providing regular asset and portfolio-level financial and operational performance updates to internal executive leaders and external stakeholders.
- Performing asset-level valuation reviews as needed, including gathering market data, reviewing property performance, and measuring each asset against its plan.
- Collaborating with in-house and third-party leasing, property management, and construction teams to oversee all aspects of value-add developments / major renovations, capital expenditures, leasing, and operations.
- Selecting and managing third-party leasing teams to maximize asset performance.
- Supporting Fort Capital’s deal pipeline and process by assisting in the underwriting and presenting of new investments to the Investment Committee:
- Advising and supporting the Acquisitions team on underwriting and due diligence efforts for new investment opportunities.
- Managing the takeover of new assets and ensuring a smooth and successful transition into Fort Capital’s portfolio.
- Developing and communicating exit strategy recommendations.
- Coordinating successful asset dispositions.
- 5+ years of experience in Asset Management of commercial / industrial real estate assets.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the acquisition and disposition of assets.
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies, inclusive of proficiency in Argus, Yardi, Costar, and Excel.
- History of effectively managing and leading leasing and property management teams.
- Strong and concise written/verbal communication skills with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.