Chief Financial Officer
Do you thrive when implementing systems and processes that drive accurate and efficient work? Do you enjoy technical / analytical projects and consider yourself a stickler for accuracy? When you’re tasked with solving a problem, are you relentless in your pursuit of factual information to inform your decision? Do you approach your work from a very logical, black & white perspective? Are you someone who enjoys multitasking and working at a fast pace? Do you find yourself always thinking ahead in an effort to move forward and achieve goals?
We are looking for a CFO to execute Fort Capital’s investment strategies as driven by the company’s CEO/COO. This person needs to be confident in leading a team that will be executing on the company’s investment strategy from a financial perspective.
Will you lead our firm administration and capital formation? Will your entrepreneurial spirit drive you to establish the most accurate financial processes? Will you make the best financial decisions for Fort Capital in the context of our goals?
If you have a habit of making proven and unemotional decisions, if you are the ultimate multitasker, if you’re not afraid of change and variety, and if you want to take Fort Capital’s financial initiatives to the next level—let’s talk.
- Leading firm administration and capital formation, including:
- a) Further sources of capital and platform creation within the Commercial Real Estate sector, including different buckets for different asset/investment horizons.
- b) Managing relationships with capital resources and external partners.
- c) Defining and implementing a firm risk management process.
- d) Leading and managing Fort Capital’s FP&A/Treasury and Accounting teams.
- Participating as a voting member of Fort Capital’s investment and performance review committees.
- Reporting directly to our CEO and participating in firm leadership.
- Managing existing or new outsourced tax, legal, and compliance teams.
- Achievement of 90-day and year-end objectives set by leadership, including:
- a) Assessment of the team, company, and processes.
- b) Understanding of Fort Capital’s Commercial Real Estate strategy with proposals for modification (if any).
- c) Creation of outline for capital formation to accomplish the strategy.
- d) Leading transition to a Registered Investment Advisor.
- e) Establishing company principles for investments.
- f) Review of processes for investment platforms and assets.
- g) Ranking of current and future investments.
- h) Identifying gaps in people, processes, and portfolios.
- i) Creation of a regular update of strategy and timeline to address identified gaps.
- j) Working with Fort Capital’s Controller, managing fiduciary and compliance requirements for Fort Capital and its portfolio.
- k) Supporting the accounting integrity and transparency of policy and procedure applications for Fort Capital and its portfolio.
- Option to participate in company-wide carried interest vehicle upon employment.
- Benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental, and a $50,000 life insurance policy.
- Generous PTO and company-wide holidays.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- 10+ years of progressive financial experience with a high-growth company, or for a private equity or REIT company.
- Experience partnering with an executive team and adopting to different cultures.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preference to those with investment banking experience.