Are you an independent self-starter who can also thrive when working in a team environment? Do you feel most confident when working with your passions and in your area of study? Are you looking for an outstanding learning and growth opportunity?
We are looking for a Development Intern to assist our Director of Construction as related to completion of our current development projects. This person needs to be relentless in their pursuit of total accuracy in their tasks.
Will you be the Development Team’s most detailed and orderly intern? Will your passion for your field of study and factual knowledge guide you to complete projects with precision? Will you be able to work independently on projects and take complete ownership of them, sometimes with little guidance?
If you have a habit of becoming impatient when things are not done correctly, if you will work tirelessly to be the best intern out there, and if you’re looking to create a long-term relationship with Fort Capital—let’s talk.
- We work with our interns to create flexible schedules that work with their school commitments.
- We are looking to hire immediately for the Fall semester, with contingent continuation upon semester completion.
- Visiting Fort Worth development sites to assist in creating punch lists to deliver to General Contractors.
- Visiting Fort Worth development sites to unlock or lock up jobs.
- Attending various meetings or picking up permits at the City of Fort Worth.
- Working with Director of Construction, Director of Development, and completing various administrative tasks.
- Entering data for invoice and draw request processing.
- Researching payments for vendors of current development projects.
- Driving will be necessary, but limited to The River District, West 7th Area, and the city of Fort Worth.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and climb stairs.
- Must be able to work outside.
- Active enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university.
- Strong technical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly adopt new technology.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.