IT Specialist – DFW
We are looking for an IT Specialist to join the Fort Capital team. The ideal candidate strives on execution and staying in a factual, strategic environment as much as possible.
Are you curious about everything with a tendency to want to learn the nuts and bolts? Are you ready to work unceasingly at “fixing” whatever is wrong alongside our team members? Do you prefer a single-task environment where you can do what you are best at?
If you have a matter-of-fact communication style, if you are excited to take ownership of IT and cybersecurity at Fort Capital, if you are going to use your creativity to keep our company’s technology functioning and safe—let’s talk.
- Assist with the company’s information security risk management program and internal control framework aligned with regulatory agencies, insurance policies, industry standards, and upcoming trends.
- Develop and manage information security policies and verify compliance with those policies.
- Enforce internal and external security audit and testing, reporting risks and monitoring costs that need correction.
- Record, analyze, and document cybersecurity compliance issues and incidents, where necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with OS / web browser updates that may affect the company’s digital assets or present a security risk.
- Take ownership of company email security via Bitdefender by assessing current email rules, quarantine policies, and spam risk levels.
- Assist in educating the team about computer security and promote awareness of our security protocols.
- Manage information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure strategy / architecture.
- Monitor network performance across office locations via the Ubiquiti UniFi platform.
- Maintain our on-demand IT help desk by troubleshooting hardware and software issues with team members.
- Administer and manage user accounts across a variety of platforms including JumpCloud, Office365, FOS, Zoom, Adobe, Slack, and more.
- Manage technology onboarding and offboarding for employees including ordering hardware and setting up workstations.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies across IT systems such as implementing SSO or other strategies to improve team processes.
- Keep inventory and maintenance of company-provisioned hardware, including installing updates, security scanning, and risk assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or requisite experience.
- 1-2 years of related experience in IT operations and cybersecurity.
- Available for after-hours support on high priority security risks or IT-related emergencies.
- Based in the Fort Worth office with up to 20% travel to other Fort Capital office locations.
- Knowledge of applicable information security frameworks and regulatory requirements.
- Experience writing meaningful policies, procedures, and controls in one or more standards/frameworks.
- Background working with security teams performing vulnerability scanning and testing.
- Familiarity with software & infrastructure security methodologies, in-depth defense strategies, and best practices.