We are looking for a Property Accountant to maintain the financial reporting for assigned Fort Capital properties. The ideal candidate is proactive, direct, and an absolute stickler for accuracy.
Do you love nothing more than tasks that require research, so you know you’ve arrived at the correct answer? Do you feel most comfortable with a system or process to follow when completing work? Are you quick to react and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously?
If no one will be able to create a more detailed reporting package than you, if you are driven to analyze information and push for accurate answers, if you are full of knowledge in property management accounting—let’s talk.
- Preparing monthly reporting packages for Asset Management and Executive Teams.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and uploading to iLevel.
- Preparing and sending annual and quarterly financial statements prior to lender deadlines.
- Preparing or reviewing annual tenant escalation billings.
- Preparing annual escalation/expense rebill estimates and reconciliations for tenants.
- Assisting with outsourced and in-house bank reconciliations.
- Reviewing expense coding, amounts, validity of debt, authority limits of payables, and check requests submitted.
- Reviewing and approving monthly invoices.
- Verifying Accounts Receivable sub ledger remains in balance with General Ledger.
- Posting month end adjustment of prepaid rent per guidelines.
- Posting month end reserve for bad debt per guidelines.
- Billing of monthly management fees.
- Maintaining schedules and posting journal entries for monthly accruals/prepays of contract services, utilities, taxes and insurance.
- Submitting ACH requests to Treasury to clear inter-company liabilities.
- Reconciling tenant security deposits monthly.
- Investigating cash variances between the General Ledger and the bank account.
- Investigating outstanding bank reconciliation items before bank reconciliation is posted for the month.
- Troubleshooting Yardi bank reconciliation issues.
- Closing out capital jobs at year-end to move value of completed jobs from work in progress to the proper capital General Ledger account.
- Monitoring cash position and communicating to Asset Management Team weekly.
- Working with partners for annual tax preparations.
- Reporting directly to Fort Capital’s Controller.
- 4+ years of Accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Yardi Voyager experience required.
- Prior knowledge of Property Management Accounting preferred.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate financial information.
- Strong organizational skills.