Property Accountant – Houston
We are looking for a Property Accountant to maintain the financial reporting for assigned Fort Capital properties. The ideal candidate is proactive, direct, and an absolute stickler for accuracy.
Do you love nothing more than tasks that require research, so you know you’ve arrived at the correct answer? Do you feel most comfortable with a system or process to follow when completing work? Are you quick to react and able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously?
If no one will be able to create a more detailed reporting package than you, if you are driven to analyze information and push for accurate answers, and if you are full of knowledge in property management accounting—let’s talk.
- Preparing monthly reporting packages for Executive Teams.
- Assisting with outsourced and in-house bank reconciliations.
- Troubleshooting Yardi bank reconciliation issues.
- Reviewing expense coding, amounts, validity of debt, authority limits of payables, and check requests submitted.
- Verifying Accounts Receivable sub ledger remains in balance with General Ledger.
- Posting month end adjustment of prepaid rent per guidelines.
- Posting month end reserve for bad debt per guidelines.
- Preparing or reviewing annual tenant escalation billings.
- Reviewing and approving monthly invoices.
- Reconciling tenant security deposits monthly.
- Preparing annual escalation/expense re-bill estimates and reconciliations for tenants.
- Investigating cash variances between the General Ledger and the bank account.
- Investigating outstanding bank reconciliation items before bank reconciliation is posted for the month.
- Maintaining schedules and posting journal entries for monthly accruals/prepays of contract services, utilities, taxes and insurance.
- Preparing monthly financial statements.
- Monitoring cash position and communicating with Controller weekly.
- Working with partners for annual tax preparations.
- Reporting directly to Fort Capital’s Vice President of Accounting & Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate financial information.
- Prior knowledge of property management accounting preferred.
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred.