Property Maintenance Technician
Do you tend to approach your work with a goal to master and complete any and all assignments? Does your drive for detail and precision guide you to analyze information? Even though you are a naturally independent person, are you usually more approachable and outgoing than your peers?
We are looking for a Property Maintenance Technician to oversee all property-level maintenance and repair of our managed assets. The ideal candidate has the ability to work independently, multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently with excellent attention to detail.
Are you someone who excels at juggling multiple tasks simultaneously? Can you easily make decisions independently, especially when it has to do with the daily operation of building systems? Will you be ready for any task thrown at you by tenants or our Property Manager?
If you consider yourself an expert in property maintenance, if you perform best with constant change and pressure, and if you are ready to actively seek out new projects and institute change—let’s talk.
- Responsible for daily operation, maintenance, and repair of building systems including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, tenant requests, and more.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Ensure that all building systems are being operated safely, efficiently, and as originally intended.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and repairs to building systems and equipment.
- Ensure vacant suites are made ready per company standards.
- Complete and document all maintenance and repairs per company policy.
- Complete all service requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all safety standards are maintained per company policy.
- Maintain inventory as needed for cost effective operations.
- Respond to 24-hour emergency calls, carrying a cell phone as required.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager, which may include picking up trash, and sweeping curb and dumpster areas.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local codes / regulations.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and suggest methods to improve processes, efficiency, quality, and service.
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate maintenance and operations preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Ability to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
- Ability to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the maintenance and construction trades.
- Ability to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Reliable transportation to portfolio properties throughout Dallas / Fort Worth.
- Possible travel to other Texas markets or out-of-state markets may be required (travel expenses would be reimbursed by Fort Capital).
- Must have a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and a cell phone.