Do you consider yourself an expert in property management using your natural ability to listen and communicate effectively? Do you find yourself excelling when you’re given the autonomy to be a market expert and budget owner? When you need to, can you easily charm and “read” people and situations effectively?
We are looking for a Property Manager to oversee all property management and financial objectives of Fort Capital’s managed portfolio of properties. The ideal candidate has the ability to manage multiple properties at a maximum performance level.
Are you driven by accuracy and working independently? Can you easily influence people to accept change, new ideas, and unexpected circumstances? Do you enjoy completing a variety of assignments at one time?
If no one is better at converting a negative situation to a positive one, if you have the ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment, and if you are an amazing communicator with a knack for property management—let’s talk.
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly inspections (QA).
- Maintain building systems and supervise all repairs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of multiple properties, including 24/7 emergency response.
- Assist Leasing Representatives with their responsibilities to maintain high occupancy and retain existing tenants.
- Effectively communicate with tenants during their tenancy.
- Read and interpret legal documents and contract service agreements.
- Administer and coordinate collection procedures, collect rent, and follow up with delinquencies.
- Enforce terms of the rental agreement and building rules.
- Effectively communicate technical and financial information with maintenance staff, tenants, and upper management.
- Schedule and complete projects as assigned.
- Manage and control operating expenses.
- Analyze monthly and annual budgets and explain variances.
- Participate in preparing annual operating budgets and maintain budgetary guidelines.
- Initiate and manage capital projects.
- Evaluate existing contracts and effectively negotiate new contract pricing.
- Interview and hire site staff.
- Supervise and train all property site staff.
- Manage safety programs, including employee training in fire safety, general emergency procedures, and use of emergency equipment.
- Manage multiple properties with the same performance level for all sites and meet company standards.
- Maintain building security measures, ensuring proper incident documentation and notification to upper management.
- Report directly to the Director of Property Management / Construction and the appropriate Asset Managers for assignment of duties and projects.
- 5+ years of Property Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Yardi.
- Knowledgeable in local, state, and federal laws that pertain to industrial/office/retail building management and tenant rights.
- Awareness of safety, risk management, and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Project planning ability within a budget and required time frame.
- Advanced customer service skills to diplomatically communicate with tenants.