Senior Acquisitions Associate
Will you take on the challenge of finding the best possible real estate investments for Fort Capital? Will you take accountability for and run with our business development? Will you set aggressive goals, create strong relationships, and identify new investment opportunities?
The Senior Acquisitions Associate will be responsible for executing Fort Capital’s acquisition strategy for Class B industrial and commercial assets throughout major Texas markets and other strategic markets. Responsibilities include acquiring valuable assets geared toward profitability and efficiency. This person needs to be proactive, enthusiastic about our growing portfolio, and possess a winning attitude.
This person will help the firm achieve the acquisition of $100M+ in Class B industrial/flex within 2020. Fort Capital has a team that specifically focuses on due diligence and other administrative deal tasks once properties are under contract, which provides more time and opportunity for the candidate to generate new investment opportunities.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in acquiring industrial/commercial assets, understands investment analysis, negotiating and deal-making, has a vast network, and understands how to evaluate and make relationships within new markets.
Included in that track-record, we’d like to see candidates who have experience in both Analyst and Acquisition roles. We ask that the candidate be willing to provide a track record of assets they’ve acquired.
This candidate will report directly to Fort Capital’s Vice President of Investments.
Are you a proactive self-starter who does your best work in a competitive and fast-paced environment? Do you thrive on setting and achieving ambitious goals? Do you find yourself juggling multiple tasks to stay focused? Do you live for the thrill of winning and being able to influence others?
If you are ready to expand your track record of completed acquisitions, if you are determined to find the next opportunity, and if you are ready to do whatever it takes to get leads in the door—let’s talk.
RESPONSIBILITIES — BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / INVESTMENT SEARCH
- Sourcing of new Class B Industrial acquisition opportunities through networking with brokers and owners, cold calling/emailing, and other prospecting methods.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with real estate brokers, property managers, and property owners across all of Fort Capital’s target markets. The ideal applicant will bring pre-existing relationships.
- Maintaining a database of industrial ownership throughout key submarkets.
- Managing the acquisitions pipeline by sourcing deals consistent with Fort Capital’s investment strategies.
- Continually searching for current and future investment opportunities using a variety of methods, including digitized software.
- Growing a pipeline necessary to meet business plan goals.
- Daily management of CRM software to track all leads.
- Overseeing the preparation of Investment Committee packages and presenting to the Investment Committee Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES — INVESTMENT STRATEGY
- Establishing acquisitions goals that support Fort Capital’s business plan.
- Defining development strategies for market penetration.
- Implementing and designing action plans to achieve desired business results. Researching relevant markets and sub-markets to develop acquisition opportunities.
- Ability to communicate market conditions and information to the Executive Team.
- 5+ years of commercial real estate experience, preferably as an Analyst (2+ years) and as an Acquisitions Associate (3+ years).
- A demonstrated leader within the industrial / commercial real estate industry. Track record of acquisitions.
- Strong knowledge of the acquisition deal process.
- Understanding of market and industry trends.
- Ability to connect with people and develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Action-oriented, with the drive to push acquisition opportunities to successful closure.
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and move quickly through assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Passionate about software and technology as a solution to create efficiency. Ability to adapt to new technology, including existing proficiency in Microsoft Office and Argus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.