Strategic Asset Manager
Are you a proactive and ‘take charge’ problem-solver who is obsessed with thinking about the future? Does formulating and executing a strategy come easy to you? Are you a person who views problems as just something to solve and never a road block? Do you have a hard time pausing long enough to smell the roses?
We are expanding our network for a future Strategic Asset Manager to bring order to unpredictable situations. This person needs to be self-confident with a clear vision for asset management goals and direction.
Will you be our most meticulous employee who is obsessed with maximizing asset performance? Will your strong entrepreneurial spirit and analytical mind guide you to make quick, fact-based decisions?
If change and pressure doesn’t scare you away because you’re always ready for what’s around the corner, if you enjoy juggling many tasks at once, and if you make quick decisions without letting your emotions get involved—let’s talk.
- Overseeing Fort Capital’s 750,000 SF portfolio of commercial assets, including single and multi-tenant Class B Industrial, Urban-Core Office and Retail, and other Class B Office and Flex assets; portfolio consists of ~100 tenants ranging from 1,000 to 200,000 SF in size.
- Effectively managing budgets, executing capital budgets, and TI allowances.
- Performing asset-level valuation reviews as needed, including gathering market data, reviewing property performance, and measuring each asset against its plan.
- Managing the takeover of new assets and ensuring a smooth and successful transition into Fort Capital’s portfolio.
- Providing regular asset and portfolio level financial and operational performance updates to internal executive leaders and external partners.
- Monitoring monthly asset-level cash flow statements and forecasts, followed by development and communication of optimal cash distribution strategies.
- Reviewing financial reporting and variance analysis including coordination with property management teams to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Developing and communicating exit strategy recommendations.
- Developing, presenting, and executing comprehensive annual business plans and budgets for each asset.
- Selection and management of third-party leasing and property management teams to maximize asset performance, including visiting properties on a regular basis to oversee operations and on-site staff.
- Collaborating with in-house and third-party development teams to oversee all aspects of value-add developments and major renovations.
- Development and implementation, through third-party leasing and property management teams, of property-level strategies for leasing, operations, and capital expenditures.
- 5+ years of experience in asset management of large and complex commercial real estate assets.
- History of effectively managing and leading leasing and property management teams.
- Strong and concise written/verbal communication skills with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.