The FORT Podcast: Chris Powers & Jason Baxter – Fort Capital’s 2022 Year in Review
In today’s episode, Chris Powers and Jason Baxter take a look at the last year for Fort Capital and discuss the biggest wins of the year. How our team and technology have progressed, how we are looking at the market in 2023, what makes Fort Capital so special, and much, much more.
At Fort Capital, our mission is to become the best real estate operator in the entire world. We’re always considering how we can operate better, acquire more real estate, improve our credibility and track record, attract top-tier talent, and drive more profit and returns to our investors.
So I’m delighted to say that following off the back of an incredible year in 2021, in which we smashed all of the targets we outlined in last year’s Year in Review, we have stretched even further in 2022 to outperform our initial goals in every metric we set out.
Today, I’m excited to discuss and hope you can take something from what we’ve achieved in the last 12 months and carry it with you in 2023.
- Intro (00:00)
- The background to 2022 (02:24)
- Our revamped investor reporting process (12:35)
- Our underwriting import tool (19:48)
- Our brand-new deal sourcing tool (29:29)
- How do we effectively work through markets? (36:55)
- What sets us apart in our industry? (43:01)
- How our dashboard utilization has improved so rapidly (52:11)
- Cash management for 2023 and beyond (1:01:36)
- What we achieved in 2023 (1:09:20)
- Fort Capital University (1:17:05)