The FORT Podcast: Andrew Segal – Founder of Boxer Property – Hybrid Work, Inflation, Hiring Overseas, 2023 Real Estate Market
In today’s episode, Chris is joined by Andrew Segal, founder of Boxer Property. Boxer Property accounts for 20 million square feet of real estate across the United States, as resort hotels, office space, retail centers, and more.
Andrew has a B.A from the University of Southern California, and attended the New York University School of Law in 1992.
Andrew is also the co-founder of Relay Human Cloud, which provides a staff hosting service to de-risk the process of onboarding overseas workers.
Andrew and Chris sit down today to discuss why hiring overseas talent is the future, why WFH doesn’t really work, and why investing in oil and gas is the future.
- Intro (00:00)
- Andrew’s Big Mac inflation theory (02:22)
- What’s going on with inflation? (05:29)
- How the office market is looking (15:29)
- How did Relay Human Cloud start? (19:49)
- The pain of hiring (25:31)
- Working across timezones (38:12)
- Why is inflation not getting higher? (59:08)
- Why Americans are becoming more like Italians (1:02:06)
- Investing in oil and gas (1:07:58)
- The truth on crypto (1:18:22)
- Episode wrap-up (1:29:02)